Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fixing MD2 Model Animation Play In Away3dLite

Fixing MD2 Model Animation Play ( Away3dLite - Jan. 28th 2010 )

I made a note of this fix early in development of a project where the MD2 animation kept playing in entirety initially and then played the desired loop.

I haven't verified this %100 as an issue as I was using certain test models at the time and attempting proper Md2 generation simultaneously. The following code is my modification to correct this MovieMesh play error in AS3:

In class MovieMesh.onEnterFrame:

//CGG - January 28th 2010 - 11:31 pm

//Added this check and set to stop animation from

//playing through from beginning before finally

//entering desired loop animation


if(_otime == 0){

_otime = getTimer();

}

//end of CGG edit above

NOTE: I checked this out again and I can't see any differences with or without it... was it a frame name problem???

NOTE: I think I just confirmed that this actually is a problem but the best test case is with two animations each with a sizable length like 70 frames. I could barely notice the issue but I uncommented the hack and the problem went away.

The version of Away3DLite should have been the most current as of Jan. 28th 2010.

I wonder if anyone else saw this?

1 comment:

Give me your best comment. *_*